Did you make a special connection with the community that you were serving on your most recent mission trip? If you did, it was probably hard to leave them and return to “normal” life. You may find yourself longing to maintain that special relationship through letters and Skype calls, but it’s hard because of time and distance. One thing we can all do, regardless of time and distance, is to be in constant prayer for those we were serving or serving with.
Here are 5 ways you can pray for those you left on the mission field:
- Pray for the safety of the team you were serving with.
- Pray for the health of the community you were serving.
- Pray for safe travels among those who will be traveling again soon.
- Pray for wisdom and guidance for the other missionaries you were serving with.
- Pray for God’s peace, love, courage and blessings to rest on the community you served and served with.
BONUS: Pray the Lord’s Prayer over the community you were serving:
Our Father, which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come; thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom,
the power, and the glory, forever and ever.