While informational meetings will vary depending on the group and the trip, here’s an outline of the information that typically needs to be covered.
Overview of the Mission Trip
- Explain the need – use current events to emphasize the issues
- Ministry – explain what the trip involves
- Dates of the trip
- Detail level of commitment
- Cost – total trip cost and what it covers
Give people time to fill out necessary documents.
- Circulate sign-up sheet
- Hand out application packet (to be turned in at a later date)
- Begin procedures for those who need new or renewed passports
Distribute the informational packet and emphasize the following sections:
Married couples need to check that their passport names have been changed. If not, apply for an addendum
Must not expire within 6 months of planned departure from the destination country.
Alert potential team members that if they do not turn in their passports at the designated deadline, they will be accessed a $25 late fee (+ any handling fees).
Make sure deadlines are practical and clear.
Team Preparation Meeting Dates
If these are not determined yet, discuss the attendance policy as set forth in the application packet.
Distribute sample Fundraising letters once Application Packet (with non-refundable deposit) has been turned in.
Discuss and brainstorm your own creative fundraising options with potential team members.