A common conversation amongst mission travelers is what to bring overseas. Although packing lists vary greatly from trip to trip and person to person, there are a few things that should be found in as many bags as possible to ensure safety and comfort.
- First-aid kit, including bandages, Q-tips, eye drops, earplugs, wet wipes, antibiotic cream, and medications for allergies, colds, and pains
- Plastic pill bottles as containers for such small items as cotton balls, safety pins, rings, or earrings
- Travel alarm clock or a stop watch with an alarm for your wake-up calls
- Adapters for electrical appliances
- All required travel documents
- Travel insurance information
Find a very helpful, comprehensive list from the U.S. State Department of what to bring overseas here.
Pro Tip: Use plastic pill bottles to keep track of small items.