Trip Cancellation and Interruption coverage is a single trip policy available as an add-on to Basic, Plus and Premium plans.
Trip Cancellation and Interruption coverage reimburses nonrefundable payments you lose if your trip is canceled or cut short for a covered, unforeseen reason. Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption coverage helps to provide protection for unexpected events such as:
- You or your traveling companion’s unexpected sickness, injury or death.
- A non-traveling family member is hospitalized or dies.
- Home or destination is uninhabitable due to a natural disaster.
- U.S. government-declared Terrorist Incident prevents travel.
- Weather or Strike that causes a complete cessation of services of your Common Carrier for more than 12 hours.
- Called to jury duty or witness in a court case.
- Recall of leave for military service or civil servant duties due to Natural Disaster or a Terrorist Incident.
- Theft of passport or visa.
Please note, Trip Cancellation and Interruption does not cover cancellation for ANY reason. Refer to the Description of Coverage for the plan for more details.